Flipkart Pays Rs 23.51 Crore As Penalty For Fudging Papers
AdvertisementInvestors of the e-tailer giant
According to an official with Ghaziabad tax department, the company used to collect taxes from its end customers but did not deposit the same with the department. “The said irregularity in the taxes was found after the books of the firm were seized. The company had earlier paid Rs 29 lakhs as penalty,” said the official.
The official further added that during the investigation, many of the company’s listed trade partners were bogus firms and did not exist in reality.
The raid was carried out by both Noida and Ghaziabad’s tax departments at the company’s warehouse in Dasna in Ghaziabad.
On contacting the company, a spokesperson for Flipkart said, “At Flipkart, it is our endeavor to be transparent in all our dealings with authorities. We are compliant with the laws of the land and will extend full support to the authorities and address any concerns they have.”
It should be noted that following Flipkart’s
Popular on BI
- Best sandwich makers in India
- Orange alerts issued to 3 states by the weather department – what does it mean?
- Best moisturizer for face in India for daily use
- You can pre-book iPhone 14 even before its launch, only if you are willing to pay $9,520 for it
- Twitter seeks judicial review against new content blocking directives from the IT Ministry