Teens still don't think Facebook is cool but they use it more than any other social site
A new study from research firm Forrester found that while only 65% of 12 t0 17-year-olds consider the social network "cool," (ranking it below most other popular apps), it still generates more "hyper usage" than Snapchat, Instagram, or Twitter. About 61% say it's the social network they use the most.
Even more interesting: 47% use the site more this year than they did last year.
That matches with anecdotal evidence from Business Insider reporter Maya Kosoff who hung out with a bunch of teens who said that Facebook is essential for their social lives.
78% now use Facebook at least once a month, which is more than Instagram (55%), Twitter (50%) and Snapchat (45%).
The reality of usage:
NOW WATCH: Google's self-driving car has a huge problem
- Chicago-based e-commerce marketplace Groupon lays off 15% of its staff
- Great Freedom Festival deals on kitchen products—buy induction cooker, microwave oven, mixer grinder, and more at discount
- Best deals on furniture items during the sale
- Google outage affects thousands of users, people start complaining on Twitter
- Best Amazon deals on large appliances - AC, TV, Fridge, Washing machine, Dishwasher