These photos prove how popular the Oculus Rift has become
2016 is being touted as "The Year of Virtual Reality," but many - mostly those who have yet to try it out - still doubt whether products like the $600 Oculus Rift have the mainstream appeal to truly take off.
But judging from the towering Oculus booth at this year's Consumer Electronics Show (CES), the Oculus Rift is more popular than ever, and its floor space at the biggest tech conference of the year reflects that.Here are some photos of the giant Oculus booth:
Last year, I wrote a similar story highlighting Oculus's massive booth at CES 2015, but this year's booth was even bigger. But to remove any doubt that hype around Oculus and Rift has only grown since then, I discovered that Oculus actually had an additional booth directly next to its two-story booth that added another half-dozen or so demo rooms.
To put this all into perspective, Oculus didn't even have a booth three years ago at CES 2013. Instead, it rented out a suite at The Venetian to run a small number of demos with the press. Three years later, and it's one of the largest booths at CES, and arguably still the buzziest topic of the entire show.
For a full tour of this year's Oculus booth at CES, check out the gallery of photos below.
- Night curfew in Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodra and Rajkot to get extend by 15 days
- Whether we like it or not, Indians are already partaking in the superfood ‘trend’
- India records 16,488 new COVID-19 cases and 113 deaths in last 24 hours
- Maharashtra to conduct class 12,10 exams from 23 and 29 April
- Here is what to expect from Maruti, M&M, Hero, Bajaj Auto and other automakers in February auto sales