- This is a preview of the Global Digital Video market research report from our partners at eMarketer.
- eMarketer PRO analyzes the TV and video industry and provides in-depth analyst reports, proprietary forecasts, customizable charts, and more.
- Check if your company subscribes to eMarketer PRO, or learn more about access here.
As global internet usage increases and bandwidth improves, digital video viewership is quickly replacing traditional TV viewership as the preferred method of media consumption around the world - and digital ad spending continues to grow accordingly.
Between social video apps like TikTok and Snapchat, social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, connected TVs, over-the-top (OTT) streaming services like Netflix, Disney+, and Hulu, and live videogame streaming services like Twitch, the digital video landscape has never been so expansive.
But each country is facing its own technological, competitive and regulatory hurdles, resulting in a fractured global digital video landscape. With more marketing dollars going towards digital video ads than ever before, it's crucial to know whether they're being put to good use.
To help navigate the broad scope of the industry, eMarketer has published the Global Digital Video report, a comprehensive analysis covering both trends touching the entire global digital video ecosystem, as well as those occurring within specific regions throughout the world.
No matter which major video market you are looking at, these are the global digital video trends to pay attention to:
Digital Video Trends in 2020
- Rising Viewership Across All Devices and Platforms
- Growing Monetization of Video - including Ad Spending & Subscriptions
- Traditional TV Ad Viewing and Ad Spending Decreasing
- Video Platforms to Suit All Needs Available in Most Countries
- Video Streaming Services Investing Heavily in Original Content
More to Learn
If you are looking to take advantage of the growing digital video marketing landscape, you need to be equipped with the right knowledge. Understanding the why behind these trends will help you adjust to the quickly evolving industry and make smarter decisions for your business.
Get a more comprehensive look at the industry with the Global Digital Video report, covering topics like digital video vs. mobile phone viewers across different platforms, digital video monetization strategies and trends, FAQs, and analysis by country.
Interested in the full report and getting more content like this each day? eMarketer PRO features in-depth analyst reports, proprietary forecasts, customizable charts, and more.
Click here to inquire about access, or check to see if your company already subscribes to eMarketer PRO.