Budget 2019: Finance Minister Piyush Goyal calls for women-led development
- Under the
PM Mudra Yojana, 75% are women beneficiaries.
- Pradhan Mantri Matritva Yojana too is empowering women, said Finance Minister Piyush Goyal.
- The government has delivered 60 million free LPG connections under the Ujjawala scheme.
He said that the government initiatives like PM Mudra Yojana with 75% women beneficiaries, introduction of 26 weeks of maternity leave and Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (the maternity benefit program run by the government) are all empowering women.
He said that from women development, the government has turned around its mantra to women-led development.
Keeping the upcoming elections in mind, Goyal said that his party – the Bharatiya Janata Party – had promised in its election manifesto to transform the quality of life for women and ensure that “no woman has to shed tears” for cooking.
The government has delivered 60 million free LPG connections under the Ujjawala scheme and aims to cover the target of all 80 million households soon.
Popular on BI
- Best split ACs for medium-sized room in India
- Best track pants for exercise
- Best curved LED monitors for gaming and productivity
- Best performing core i7-powered laptops in India
- Best 27-inch Full HD monitors in India