Budget 2019: Finance Minister Piyush Goyal calls for women-led development
- Under the
PM Mudra Yojana, 75% are women beneficiaries.
- Pradhan Mantri Matritva Yojana too is empowering women, said Finance Minister Piyush Goyal.
- The government has delivered 60 million free LPG connections under the Ujjawala scheme.
He said that the government initiatives like PM Mudra Yojana with 75% women beneficiaries, introduction of 26 weeks of maternity leave and Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana (the maternity benefit program run by the government) are all empowering women.
He said that from women development, the government has turned around its mantra to women-led development.
Keeping the upcoming elections in mind, Goyal said that his party – the Bharatiya Janata Party – had promised in its election manifesto to transform the quality of life for women and ensure that “no woman has to shed tears” for cooking.
The government has delivered 60 million free LPG connections under the Ujjawala scheme and aims to cover the target of all 80 million households soon.
- Popular devotional singer Narendra Chanchal passes away at 80
- Indian School of Business ranked 1st in India, 44th globally as per MBA Ranking 2021 by The Economist
- 25 kg gold jewellery and ₹96,000 cash stolen at gunpoint from Muthoot Finance branch in Tamil Nadu
- Rajasthan: Budget session from February 10
- IPL players auction to be held on February 18, says BCCI official