New age tech stocks Zomato, Paytm and PolicyBazaar buzzing in early trade as investors hope for a tech-friendly Union Budget
- New age tech stocks like Zomato, Paytm and PolicyBazaar have reported nearly a 5% spike in their share prices.
- PolicyBazaar was the biggest gainer with over 6% increase in its market cap in early trade.
- Paytm was the second biggest gainer of all the tech startup stocks and is currently sitting on a market cap of $8.3 billion
AdvertisementAll publicly-listed tech stocks — which lost a major chunk of their market value over the last month — have been gaining since the morning of February 1 in anticipation of a more tech-friendly budget.
New age tech stocks like Zomato, Paytm and PolicyBazaar have reported nearly a 5% spike in their share prices. PolicyBazaar was the biggest gainer with over 6% increase in its market cap in early trade.
Paytm was the second biggest gainer of all the tech startup stocks, in early trade, which is still significantly lower than the $19.9 billion valuation at which it had raised its initial public offering (IPO) at.
Note: Share price as on 10:00 AM, February 1
|Tech startup stocks||Gain on 1 February, 2022||Change in share price over last 30 days|
Delhi, not Bengaluru, is the startup capital of India, says Economic Survey
Allocation for India's defence may see a nominal increase
The government is expected to announce ₹1.3 lakh crore for railways under the national infrastructure pipeline
Popular on BI
- Not hard, not soft, the earliest dino eggs may have been of a 'leathery' texture to protect against damage: study
- Don't need to go big to go home: Australia is turning to sustainable 'tiny houses' to fix their housing crisis!
- Affordability levels to buy homes hit in last 2 years; to improve in 2024 on likely repo rate cut: JLL
- Carbon tax turns into climate fight at COP28
- Market to focus on macro data, global trends: Analysts