Star Sports gets a tech upgrade for IPL 2023: Dolby Atmos, Real-time Highlights, Ambience-only mode, and more explained
Image credits- Insidersports
- Star Sports Network introduced new features to enhance the
IPL 2023viewing experience.
- The broadcaster has joined hands with Dolby to provide Dolby Atmos sound on its HD feeds.
- Other new features include Hawkeye 3D cutouts for analysis, an Ambience-only feed, Holobox for interactive experiences, and the Subtitled Feed for differently-abled audiences.
AdvertisementStar Sports Network, the official broadcaster of TATA IPL 2023, is introducing new features to make the upcoming season more enjoyable for fans. They've partnered with Dolby to bring Dolby ATMOS (5.1.4) audio to their HD feeds, providing an immersive audio experience. Additionally, they've worked with Dolby to optimize the placement of over 40 microphones in the stadium to capture high-quality sound.
Earlier, JioCinema announced the Hype Mode option and Multicam Toggle option to watch the match better. Hype Mode and Multicam toggle mode give you alternate camera angles, stats, and more to your game without leaving the app or play screen.
Star's latest features for IPL 2023 go against the modern viewing options provided by JioCinema.
Let’s look at the slew of new features launched by Star Sports.
Special button service
The upcoming broadcast will include 'Real-time Highlights' for viewers to catch up on any missed game segments instantly, 'Key Moments' to showcase critical game-changing moments, and a 'Stats Feed' in partnership with ESPNCricinfo, which will offer real-time statistics to TV viewers.
Dolby Atmos (Live match feed)
The live match broadcast will feature Dolby Atmos sound, providing viewers with an immersive stadium-like experience from the comfort of their own homes. This Atmos audio will be available on HD feeds.
Hawkeye 3D cutouts
With the use of this technology, viewers will be able to get more accurate and reliable analyses of the field. This technology will be used to calculate the exact position of the ball in three-dimensional space. It will also give the precise tracking of the ball’s trajectory, spin and speed. Other than this, it will be also used to track the movements of players, which will provide deep insight into their performance.
With the press of a blue button on their remote, viewers can activate the 'Ambience Only' mode, which will remove commentary and create a stadium-like atmosphere for fans to enjoy.
This feature will provide an interactive experience allowing fans to understand key moments in the game in more detail. For instance, a close call for LBW, and stumping will be displayed more interactively, giving viewers every detail.
The Subtitled Feed will offer live match commentary subtitles, making the IPL accessible to differently-abled audiences. Additionally, this feature is useful in noisy environments like pubs and restaurants, enabling viewers to stay engaged in the game.
Xeebra Quad Replay
AdvertisementViewers can use the Quad Replay tool to capture crucial moments from multiple angles simultaneously, creating a more immersive viewing experience. This will also give the real-time analysis for more detail.
This system uses multiple high-definition cameras that capture all the action from multiple angles. The footage is then processed and displayed on a large screen, allowing viewers to review and analyze the footage in real-time.
Music to help focus, home design & many tasks that AI can help with
ChatGPT just got more accessible: Here’s how you can open the AI Chatbot directly from Mac's menu bar
Popular on BI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- My fiancé and I picked out my engagement ring together before he proposed, and I don't regret missing out on the surprise
- Two Mukesh Ambani-owned companies are among India’s top 5 valuable brands
- TVS, Ather, Ola hike prices of electric two-wheelers as new subsidy norms kick in
- IKIO Lighting sets IPO price band at ₹270-285/share
- Royal Enfield sales rise 22% in May at 77,461 units
- GST collection rises 12% to ₹1.57 lakh crore in May