Vodafone Idea, Bharti Airtel continue rally for fourth consecutive session
Vodafone Idea shares zoomed 31.72 per cent to Rs 7.93 on the BSE. This is the fourth consecutive day of rise in Vodafone Idea shares. During this time, the scrip has more than doubled.
Bharti Airtel also rose 3.11 per cent to hit its 52-week high of Rs 452.95, registering its fourth consecutive day of gain. In four days, the stock has gained 24.90 per cent.
Faced with intense competition and unprecedented statutory dues, Bharti Airtel and Vodafone Idea on Monday announced a hike in mobile phone call and data charges from December saying the increase was warranted for viability of their business.
"To ensure that its customers continue to enjoy world class digital experiences, Vodafone Idea will suitably increase the prices of its tariffs effective December 1, 2019," Vodafone Idea had said.
The telecom sector is highly capital-intensive with fast-changing technology cycles that require continuing investments, Bharti Airtel said.
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- 6 signs that you're in a one-sided relationship and how to find balance
- Rajinikanth issues public notice on infringement of rights, warns legal action
- Govt likely to float global tender for HPV vaccine in April; Merck, Serum Institute may participate
- Finance Ministry to stick to privatisation of already announced CPSEs next fiscal
- 70-plus Indian startups show exit door to 21K techies, more pink slips coming
- Steps taken in subsidence-hit Joshimath inadequate, declare Himalayas eco-sensitive zone, say experts