Beat the potential Airtel price hike with these annual plans
- Airtel has hinted at hiking its data prices in the coming weeks.
- Sunil Mittal has asked subscribers to ‘prepare to pay a lot more’.
- Airtel users can recharge with annual plans or queue plans before the tariff hike to save some money.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
In a statement, Mittal referred to offering 16GB data at ₹160 as a tragedy, further adding that users should get 1.6GB data at this price or just pay a lot more. This translates to prices of 1GB data at ₹100, instead of ₹10 right now.
Once the price hike takes place, you may end up paying a lot more for the same plans. Keeping this in mind, it may be a good idea to recharge with an annual plan or queuing multiple recharges on your Airtel number to save some money.
Best Airtel annual plans to save money
|Plan||Validity||Data||Voice calls||SMS||Additional benefit|
|₹2,698||365 days||2GB per day||Unlimited||100 SMS per day||Disney+ Hotstar VIP|
|₹2,498||365 days||2GB per day||Unlimited||100 SMS per day||-|
|₹1,498||365 days||24GB||Unlimited||100 SMS per day||-|
Airtel currently offers three annual plans. The ₹2,698 and ₹2,498 plans are similar, and the only difference is that the former offers one year of Disney+ Hotstar VIP subscription along with the plan. The ₹1,498 is for users who do not use too much data.
How does recharge queuing work?
Airtel allows users to queue multiple recharge packs so that they are activated once the existing plan expires. This will allow you to recharge with multiple 3-month recharges.
Airtel plans with 84 days validity
|₹698||84 days||2GB per day||Unlimited||100 SMS per day|
|₹598||84 days||1.5GB per day||Unlimited||100 SMS per day|
|₹379||84 days||6GB||Unlimited||100 SMS per day|
Alternatively, you can also port out to Reliance Jio or Vodafone Idea if you do not wish to recharge with Airtel’s annual plans. Here are some of the popular plans from Reliance Jio and Vodafone Idea.
Reliance Jio’s popular plans
|₹2,399||365 days||2GB per day||12,000 non-Jio minutes||100 SMS per day|
|₹2,121||336 days||1.5GB per day||12,000 non-Jio minutes||100 SMS per day|
|₹599||84 days||2GB per day||3,000 non-Jio minutes||100 SMS per day|
|₹555||84 days||1.5GB per day||3,000 non-Jio minutes||100 SMS per day|
Vodafone Idea’s popular plans
|₹2,399||365 days||2GB per day||Unlimited||100 SMS per day|
|₹699||84 days||2GB per day||Unlimited||100 SMS per day|
|₹599||84 days||1.5GB per day||Unlimited||100 SMS per day|
Airtel stock is getting knocked down as investors fear it may have to pay Videocon's dues
Airtel-Amazon team up to take on Jio-Microsoft in the battle for India’s cloud market
- India eases visa restrictions for foreign and Indian nationals: Here's a look at the new guidelines
- Bacardi will soon sell its rum, gin, vodka in biodegradable bottles
- Indian Oil board to consider issuing bonds and debentures for raising up to ₹20,000 crore
- Nourish your plants with cocopeat
- Dr Reddy's shares fell over 3% — the drug maker isolated all data service centers after a cyber attack