Infosys plans to hire 25,000 freshers over the next 12 months — a 26% boost for campus hiring in India
Infosysplans to hire 25,000 freshers over the next 12 months and only 1,000 will be from overseas.
- The other 24,000 freshers will be picked up from engineering campuses within India.
- Last year, the IT giant only picked up 19,000 freshers from within the country, while 2,000 fresher hires were overseas.
- This is a jump of over 26% from the number of freshers onboarded in the last one year from Indian colleges.
Of 21,000 freshers that Infosys onboarded last year, only 19,000 were from India. This year they plan to pick up 24,000 freshers from engineering campuses within the country and only 1,000 from overseas — that’s a 26.3% jump in the number of freshers they’re looking for within the country.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOU
However, the company saw a spike in voluntary attrition hitting 15.2% between the months of January to March, which is an increase of five percentage points over the previous quarter. "Attrition has picked up, largely reflecting a strong demand environment, but we remain confident of our employee engagement initiatives, vast talent pool and training capabilities to ensure seamless execution," said Rao.
Infosys’ need for social capital warrants people to come back to office
Infosys has been a strong propagator of work from home and the hybrid work model — which is a mix of working from home and working from the office — but has indicated that employees will need to be in the offices more once the COVID-19 pandemic eases up.
“We still think there will be a need to build out some social capital, and some of that will be built with people coming back to the offices,” said
Infosys will buy back shares at ₹1,750 in the open market
Infosys had a great year but CEO Salil Parekh expects the next one to be more than twice as good
- SBI, Airtel, Adani Enterprises, TCS and other top stocks to watch out for on August 4
- Krsnaa Diagnostics IPO opens—here is all you need to know
- These are some of the highest paid founders of Indian startups tapping capital markets this year
- Exxaro Tiles IPO opens today—here’s how to apply for IPO, check allotment status, listing date and more
- Devyani International IPO: Here’s how to apply via banks and apps like Zerodha, Upstox