IT hiring remains muted, talent with functional skills surges in Q2: Report
AdvertisementAccording to the business solutions provider Quess Corp, about 65 per cent of the aggregate demand emerged from Development, ERP, Automotive Design, Testing, and Administration skills.
In addition to these functional skill suites, incremental demand for skills related to Gen AI,
"For the first time in recent history, large IT services companies have shown a decline in headcount and reduced guidance values, signalling a collective exercise of caution in navigating the future," said Vijay Sivaram, CEO of Quess
"Opportunities abound for those who invest in upskilling, with a notable shift in the way businesses operate, as over 85 per cent of Indian businesses plan to invest in AI within the next two years," he added.
Moreover, the report mentioned there is a noticeable uptick in fresher demand within sectors such as Engineering, Manufacturing, Healthcare, and Retail.
Skills pertaining to Data Engineering, Development (Java, Angular), ERPs, Power BI, Network Engineering, Cybersecurity, and UI/UX are particularly sought after among early career professionals.
According to the report, the IT sector in India is experiencing a notable transformation as it expands beyond its initial technology hub, Bengaluru.
Emerging tech hubs like Pune, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Chennai, and Delhi NCR are gaining prominence. This shift is driven by their flourishing tech industries and the presence of both domestic and international companies, propelling them to become established, mature technology hubs in India.
City-wise trends for technology hiring demand in India are relatively concentrated, with the top five cities accounting for over 79 per cent of all job postings.
Popular on BI
- The 10-year Treasury yield will drop to 3.5% by the end of next year as the massive bond rally will continue, UBS says
- Instagram's crisis highlights the bigger issues the entire ad industry is facing
- Exit polls predict BJP advantage in MP, Rajasthan, Congress win in Chhattisgarh, Telangana and tight contest in Mizoram
- Delhi airport: Flights diverted due to bad smog, bad weather
- Meta expanding child safety measures as scrutiny mounts
- IPL has given me confidence to remain calm under pressure: Rinku Singh
- GST collection surges to 8-month high in November
- Environmental Impact Assessments