Lowe's CEO Marvin Ellison addresses 'tremendous change' to stores in message to employees about this year's worker feedback survey
- Lowe's CEO Marvin Ellison announced that the company would be renaming the company's employee engagement survey in a message to workers on Thursday.
- Ellison also addressed the "tremendous" shifts that stores have undergone lately, acknowledging that "change is never easy."
- Business Insider spoke with six current and former Lowe's workers who all cited flagging morale within the stores over changes like role eliminations and a scheduling system overhaul.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Lowe's CEO Marvin Ellison addressed store workers in a message announcing the company's annual employee feedback survey.Business Insider reviewed two pictures of the message from Ellison, which employees say went out Thursday.Advertisement
"In the past year, we've undergone tremendous change and growth to position us toward becoming the leading home improvement retailer," Ellison wrote. "Although change is never easy, because of your hard work our sales performance in first and second quarter has outperformed our closest US competitor for the first time in over a decade."
Lowe's did not immediately respond to Business Insider's request for comment.Read more: Lowe's workers say morale is reaching an all-time low as the home-improvement giant rolls out changes to stores
Ellison explained that Lowe's "re-designed" and "renamed" its annual employee opinion survey this year, in order to better "align with the core behaviors that drive our mission and areas that have a direct impact on associate engagement."The survey will now be called Lowe's BEST, acronym for "building, engagement, and success together," and is set to run from October 14 to November 1. "One of our core behaviors is to show courage, and I ask you to demonstrate that by raising opportunities that need to be addressed," Ellison wrote. "My commitment to you is that the leadership team will use this feedback to make Lowe's an even greater place to work."Advertisement
Are you a Lowe's employee with a story to share? Email email@example.com.
- India's e-cigarettes ban hasn't stopped vaping — it only drove out Juul and Vape
- Assam suffers largest single-day spike with 177 cases, crosses 1000-mark: Officials
- WB COVID-19 death toll crosses 300-mark with 7 more fatalities; total cases 4,813
- 144 new COVID-19 cases in Assam; total rises to 1,024
- Odisha govt announces exemption of road tax for passenger buses