India now has more than 2,07,615 coronavirus cases –8,900 new cases in the last 24 hours
- the total case count of
coronavirusmounted to 2,07,615
- Of the total cases 1,01,497 are active and 1,00,303 have been cured and discharged while 5,815 have died from the disease.
- Follow the comprehensive coverage of the coronavirus pandemic and its impact, and other useful resources that can help you in the fight on Business Insider India.
With 8,909 new cases and 217 fatalities reported in the last 24 hours, India is now poised at the seventh place on the world tally table with just 25,000 cases behind Italy.
Of the total cases 1,01,497 are active and 1,00,303 have been cured and discharged while 5,815 have died from the disease.
The recovery rate in the country stood at 48.31 per cent while the fatality rate docked at 2.8 per cent.
Maharashtra reported a total of 72,300 cases so far -- almost 50,000 more than Tamil Nadu with 24,586 and Delhi 22,132.
Maharashtra has also reported the highest number of casualties -- 2,465, followed by Gujarat (1,092), Delhi (556) and Madhya Pradesh (364).
States that have reported more than 5,000 cases are Madhya Pradesh (8,420), Rajasthan (9,373), Uttar Pradesh (8,361) and West Bengal (6,168).
The Health Ministry on Tuesday said that India is far from COVID peak. ICMR official Nivedita Gupta, addressing a press conference, said: "We are very far away from the peak. Our preventive measures to curb the disease are very effective and we are better positioned in comparison with other countries. You will get to see the data in a week."
India so far has conducted a total of 41,03,233 tests and 1,37,158 samples were tested in the last 24 hours according to Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
The global count reached 6.4 million and fatalities crossed 3 lakh after the first case was reported in China's Wuhan in mid December 2019. The US continues to top the chart reporting the highest cases, followed by Brazil and Russia that have overtaken Italy, the UK and Spain in just over a month.
Here are the latest number of cases across states as per the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare website.
|S. No.||Name of State / UT||Active Cases*||Cured/Discharged/Migrated*||Deaths**||Total Confirmed cases*|
|1||Andaman and Nicobar Islands||0||33||0||33|
|8||Dadar Nagar Haveli||3||1||0||4|
|14||Jammu and Kashmir||1732||953||33||2718|
|36||Cases being reassigned to states||7123||0||0||7123|
List of coronavirus hotspot in Andhra Pradesh
Coronavirus cases in India state wise
List of coronavirus hotspot in mumbai
- Indian-origin S African appointed COO of company assisting in combating organised bank-related crimes
- Govt can't compel COVID-19 positive people into state quarantine facilities: South African court
- Defence secretary tests positive for COVID-19: Sources
- Highest spike of 1,513 fresh COVID cases in Delhi takes total to over 23K; death toll rises to 606
- Assam records highest single-day spike in COVID cases; tally 1,830
- Cyclone Nisarga Updates
- Lockdown extended
- Telangana lockdown guidelines
- Surat Containment Zones
- Karnataka Lockdown Guidelines
- Delhi Containment Zones
- Indore corona cases
- Ecommerce Policy
- Coronavirus cases in India
- Coronavirus cases
- Telangana Coronavirus hotspot
- Maharashtra lockdown guidelines
- Containment Zone in Kolkata
- Pune Containment Zone
- Punjab lockdown guidelines
- Tamilnadu lockdown Guidelines