Do this one thing to instantly elevate your summer style
That's where socks come in.For the man who isn't afraid of color, bright and patterned socks have surged in popularity in recent years.
But exe cpt for the most formal of occasions, you don't actually need to follow that rule.The lifestyle of modern men offers a lot more room to experiment with color and pattern, especially in the case of smaller garments like socks.
However, taking a 180-degree turn and heading straight for neon socks may not be the best course of action.
Here are three colorful sock rules to bear in mind:
- Start slow and keep it simple and classic. Argyle, stripes, and solids are safe yet interesting places to start; paisley and polka dots move you up the ladder; and after that it won't be long until you're wearing dinosaur print socks, which are fine, if you know what you're doing.
- Coordinate with the rest of your outfit. The level of your formality and the wackiness of your socks should be inversely proportional. Think about the colors you're wearing and stick with a general theme. For example, don't wear neon green socks with a black suit, but do wear them with a khaki suit.
- Be aware of contrast and balance. If bright socks are the contrast for the lower portion of your outfit, you'll need some contrast (think a checked shirt or a pocket square) on your upper half.
- CONFIDENCE. Bright socks make a statement. Wearing them with confidence is key to being able to pull off the look.
- OPPO A74 smartphone with 5G support and 90Hz display to launch in India soon, to be priced under ₹20,000
- VCs say 10 unicorns in 4 months may seem too small by the end of this year
- Timelapse in Google Earth shows you the slow and scary demise of our only home in 3D
- Bhima Jewellery’s ‘Pure as love’ campaign is trending, and for all the right reasons
- Samsung Galaxy M42 5G to launch in India on April 28 – Specs, expected price and everything we know so far