Dramatic photos show Israel's giant wildfires engulfing whole streets
Dramatic photos have begun to emerge of the wildfires tearing through Israel.
Reuters reported that tens of thousands of residents were ordered to flee Israel's third largest city Haifa on Thursday.
Press Association has also published a sequence of images of locals carrying their possessions as they escape the blaze. Around 300,000 people live in Haifa, which is in the north of Israel.
Police said they don't know what caused the fires and had no hard evidence at this stage that arson is to blame.
Scroll on to see the scale of the emergency.
Popular on BI
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Elon Musk reportedly left OpenAI's board in 2018 after Sam Altman and other cofounders rejected his plan to run the company
- Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals and kitchen appliance maker Butterfly announce merger
- ICMR comes up with first ethical guidelines for application of AI in biomedical research, healthcare
- Measures taken by IIFCL to keep bad loans under check: Parliamentary panel
- Microsoft adds 'AI-generated stories' to its Bing search
- Housing sales up 14% annually in Jan-Mar to 1.13 lakh units across top 7 cities: Anarock