Badshah, India’s ‘rap king’, dethrones Taylor Swift and BTS on YouTube with 75 million views in 24 hours
Sony Music India
- Badshah’s new single is the most watched video within 24 hours on YouTube with views crossing 75 million.
- India’s ‘king of rap’ has dethroned global bigwigs like the American singer,
Taylor Swift, and K-Pop group, BTS.
- The video has been directed by Marlon Pena and features the Playboy 2019, Rose Romero.
With 76 million views over the span of one day, Badshah’s new single — Paagal — is trending in seven different countries all over the globe. At the time of writing this article, the video has crossed the 80 million threshold and is trending at #3 on YouTube in India.
Rolling in millions like a true @Its_Badshah ! #Paagal breaks world record on #YouTube, crosses 75 million + views… https://t.co/gEvNWgUkxU— Sony Music India (@sonymusicindia) 1562845511000
Previously the mantle of most views was held by the the K-Pop group, BTS, for their song Boy with Luv followed by Taylor Swift’s Look at What You Made Me Do. They are the only two artists to break the 60 million barrier on YouTube within 24 hours of launching their videos on the platform.
Not only is the new music video turning into a global viral sensation but it’s also shaping up to be the biggest hit of Badshah’s career.
And, Badshah isn’t the only one with something to celebrate. Marlon Pena, the video’s director, shot the video at locations in Los Angeles where characters like Batman and Fast and Dominic Toretto also made their claim to fame in Dark Knight Rises and Fast and Furious.
Rose Romero, Playboy 2019, also made her Bollywood debut in the video having previouisly starred in videos with Daddy Yankee and J Balvin.
'Seriously. Fix your printer' — PewDiePie fans hack into printers for a second time in a bid to keep T-Series at bay
Eminem's new diss track had the biggest debut of a hip-hop song in YouTube's history
These 13 massive hit songs were originally rejected by other artists
- Reliance Retail cashes yet another hefty cheque – Mubadala to invest ₹6,247.5 crore
- North Pole could see more clouds as a new chemical compound infiltrates its skies
- New motor vehicle rules effective from October 1— Here’s everything you need to know
- Mazagon Dock IPO shines while UTI AMC and Likhitha Infrastructure clock in a tepid response from investors
- Supermassive black hole traps six galaxies in a 'spider web' that is 300 times bigger than the Milky Way