Caitlyn Jenner explained why her daughters still call her 'dad' in a new video with Kylie
Caitlyn Jennershared a new video on Saturday with her youngest daughter, Kylie Jenner.
- As Kylie did Caitlyn's makeup, she asked her to explain why she still prefers being called "dad."
- Caitlyn said it was "one of the best decisions I made" during her transition.
As Kylie did Caitlyn's makeup, the 23-year-old mogul asked her to explain why she still feels comfortable being called "dad."
"So, I wanted to ask you," Kylie said. "I know, like, sometimes people get really confused when Kendall and I still call you 'dad.' I know we had a talk a few years ago, and you were OK with us still calling you 'dad.' How do you feel about that now?"
"I feel it was one of the best decisions I made, and sometimes this community can be pretty tough, especially when it comes to pronouns," Caitlyn replied. "Everybody's got an opinion and on and on and on. "
"But I really felt from the beginning that I gotta do it, kind of, my way that works for me," she continued. "And I think everybody out there has got to do it their way, which works for them."
"Some people say, 'Oh, you're the mother.' [I say,] 'No I'm not. I'm the dad, I've been the dad the whole way. I will be their father until the day they die, or I die,'" Caitlyn said.
"You always say, 'My dad, she.' And that's tough, to kind of change the pronouns of it right in the middle," she continued. "You guys are so good - and every time I hear it, I go, 'Yeah, my girls. They're on it.'"
In January, Caitlyn revealed that she's "closer" with Kylie than with 25-year-old Kendall.
"I get along very well with the two of them, but Kylie and I just seem to be closer most of the time," she said on Dear Media's The Skinny Confidential Him & Her podcast.
"Kendall's off kind of doing her thing, and Kylie, like, I had dinner last night at Kylie's house," Caitlyn said. "And so from that standpoint, we're a lot closer. Kendall's not that - she's always very kind of a little bit more secretive. We're still very close, but it's kind of harder to figure out, where Kylie's more of an open book."
Watch Caitlyn's full video with Kylie below.
- From marketing and tech to leadership - learn new skills and explore new possibilities with these Udemy courses
- Facebook and Microsoft aren’t the only ones creating a metaverse — here are five popular coins looking to create digital worlds
- Facebook, Microsoft and others look towards the $1 trillion dollar ‘metaverse’ opportunity — but that contradicts the base philosophy behind Web 3.0
- Karnataka releases new guidelines for international passengers
- No confirmed case of Omicron COVID-19 variant in India so far — both Centre and states have tightened scrutiny at airports
- India records new COVID-19 cases below 10,000 mark for the third consecutive day
- Jio tariff hike and reports of bid for UK telco British Telecom help Reliance bounce back
- Valorant Mobile: Gameplay, release date and what to expect