HDFC Bank and SBI customers are facing UPI payment glitches
- State Bank of India (SBI) and
HDFC Bankcustomers are facing issues sending money using the Unified Payments Interface (UPI) across Google Pay, Paytm and BHIM.
- Complaints of failing HDFC Bank UPI transactions peaked at around 2:15 pm today afternoon, according to DownDetector.
- SBI is reportedly upgrading its UPI system, which is why its customers may have been intermittently facing issues over the last couple of days.
SBI has intimated to its customers that there’s currently an upgrade in progress, and hence it is likely that UPI transactions may face intermittent issues. The problem has been occurring since last week. While some only reported that the transactions were not going through, others reported their entire account being de-synced from payment platforms like Google Pay and Paytm.
Instead, SBI is urging customers to use the YONO banking app or net banking to send money.
We request our customers to use YONO SBI, YONO Lite and Net Banking to avoid being inconvenienced.#SBI… https://t.co/vH8oa1q2wc— State Bank of India (@TheOfficialSBI) 1600580201000
HDFC Bank, on the other hand, has not intimated what the problem may be. Downdetector indicates “possible issues at HDFC Bank” which started to increase around noon on September 24. The outage hit its peak at around 2:15 pm, with more than 30 complaints registered.
Complaints were also spotted on Twitter of HDFC Bank customers reporting that UPI transactions are not through. The problem does not seem to be platform-specific but across Paytm, Google Pay, and BHIM, which indicates that the issue may be on the bank’s side.
@HDFC_Bank I am facing issue with UPI payment. This is with all UPI apps, including your own. https://t.co/GutI0aZpGf— Shashank Gosavi (@shawshank730) 1600935478000
An HDFC Bank customer told Business Insider that he initially dismissed his shopkeeper’s concerns when he said that payments were down. However, in the last 24 hours, he has been unable to send money. “I have tried two different platforms, Google Pay and Paytm, but both failed,” he said.
If you’re among customers facing issues using UPI, these are some basic requirements HDFC Bank suggests you recheck:
- UPI/BHIM will only function on the bank’s registered mobile number.
- The registered mobile number has to be in SIM 1 in case of dual-sim smartphones.
- The registered mobile number should have sufficient balance for SMS to go through.
- Ensure that the registered mobile number is the default SIM for sending messages.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the HDFC Bank Mobile Banking app installed and updated on your phone.
@Mahesh_gilbile Hi Mahesh, please DM us the below details: 1) Mobile no, phone name, and UPI ID2) Exact Date and… https://t.co/K9a3inZECr— HDFC Bank Cares (@HDFCBank_Cares) 1600937344000
EXCLUSIVE: YES Bank's workforce shrank by 1,000 employees since March but now it's hiring again for the coming year
After SBI, HDFC Bank issues restructuring guidelines for retail loans
The first-ever supermassive black hole to be captured on camera has a wobbly shadow
Instagram Reels' new update allows longer videos — doubles the length of the clips you can upload
- Everybody in India must get Covid vaccine free, says Kejriwal
- Samsung now lets you buy up to four products in one single EMI as it seeks to boost sales this festive season
- Equitas Small Finance Bank IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- K'taka healthcare warriors first to get Covid vaccine: Minister
- Cong, BJP in K'taka cross swords over vaccine promise