SBI's new ATM withdrawal rules and limits in July
- The State Bank of India (SBI) had earlier announced a three-month relaxation suspending all service charges and limitations on ATM withdrawals.
- The relaxations expire on June 30, and no extension has been announced.
- Old ATM withdrawal rules are likely to get reinstated making transactions more expensive.
The changes were brought in by the SBI after the Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced on March 24 that no charges will be levied on cash withdrawal made from any other bank’s ATMs for 3 months — April, May, and June — for bank customers.
Till now, the SBI has not announced an extension, which means the old ATM withdrawal rules are likely to get reinstated. Withdrawals made from SBI ATMs and other bank ATMs exceeding the free limit of transactions will be charged.
SBI’s new ATM withdrawal limits and charges for savings account holders of average monthly balance of up to ₹25,000:
- Five free ATM transactions at SBI ATMs in metro cities (Mumbai, New Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Bengaluru and Hyderabad).
- Three free ATM transactions at non-SBI ATMs in metro cities.
- Five free ATM transactions at SBI ATMs in non-metro cities.
- Five free ATM transactions at other bank ATMs in non-metro cities.
|After the free transactions…||SBI ATMs||Other bank ATMs|
|Financial transactions||₹10 plus GST||₹20 plus GST|
|Non-financial transactions||₹5 plus GST||₹8 plus GST|
|Transaction declined due to insufficient balance||₹20 plus GST||₹20 plus GST|
SBI’s new ATM withdrawal limits and charges for savings account holders of average monthly balance of over ₹25,000 and up to ₹1 lakh:
- Unlimited free transactions at all ATMs within the State Bank Group — this includes SBI ATMs, State Bank of Hyderabad ATMs, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur ATMs, State of Indore ATMs, State Bank of Patiala ATMs and others.
- Eight free transactions at other bank ATMs — three in metro cities and five in non-metro areas.
|After the free withdrawals…||SBI ATMs||Other bank ATMs|
|Financial transactions||N/A||₹20 plus GST|
|Non-financial transactions||N/A||₹8 plus GST|
|Transaction declined due to insufficient balance||N/A||₹20 plus GST|
For all salary account holders, SBI will offer free unlimited transactions at all SBI group ATMs and other bank ATMs.
SBI launches Yono branches in three cities
SBI warns 2 million users may be at risk of phishing attacks in Delhi, Mumbai and other major cities
- Zomato announces 10 days of menstrual leave for all women employees – including transgender people
- Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
- If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider
- Karnataka is building a cycling map for Bengaluru by crowdsourcing inputs from city's cyclists
- Indian Medical Association says nearly 200 doctors have lost their lives to COVID-19