How much money 5 Marvel superhero actors got paid, including a $5 million salary for Brie Larson in 'Captain Marvel'
On March 8, the Marvel Cinematic Universe will gets its first standalone female superhero movie when "Captain Marvel" hits the big screen. And its star Brie Larson will be walking away from the movie with more than Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, and Chadwick Boseman earned on their first MCU movies.
In a Hollywood Reporter profile on Larson, the trade revealed Larson will earn $5 million to star. Disney is historically stingy in paying its actors, especially their first time out of the gate in a Marvel movie, so props to Larson's agent.
Just how tight can the studio be with its cash?
Here's how much 5 other actors have been paid during their time in the MCU:
Chris Hemsworth — $150,000 for “Thor” (2011)
Robert Downey Jr. — $500,000 for “Iron Man” (2008)
Chris Evans — $1 million for “Captain America: The First Avenger” (2011)
Chadwick Boseman — $2 million for “Black Panther” (2017)
Scarlett Johansson — $15 million for Untitled Black Widow Movie (TBA)
- NBCUniversal launches on-demand streaming service hayu
- Solana, Cardano, Polkadot and others — here’s a quick look at why these crypto tokens are being touted as ‘Ethereum Killers’
- Uber now lets you book rides on WhatsApp in Lucknow — slated to roll out in more Indian cities soon
- Air Pollution Control Day: These are a few simple ways by which you can help the environment
- BYJU's Early Learn App, Disney onboards Olympic medalists Neeraj Chopra and PV Sindhu as its brand ambassadors