Clean Energy Push: Six more nuclear reactors to be added to India’s fleet of 21
If reports are to be believed,
India's first 500-MWe
Chellapandi was speaking to reporters on sidelines of an International Conference, which is organised by Nuclear Fuel Complex. He further continued, "We are planning two more reactors. Once after one year of successful operation of this PFBR, we have to watch, then we will seek government sanction for construction of two 600 MW reactors at Kalpakkam. With the two proposed 600 MWs, we are optimising and constructing higher power with same costs."
"Afterwards we have to think of new places for putting four more units. The site selection committee is choosing some places and are studying suitable size. Immediate vision is to construct two FBRs at Kalpakkam and four more beyond 2030," Chellapandi added.
The construction of PFBR, which is designed by Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research, is over and is impending clearance from the
"AERB had already sent many specialists to the PFBR and we are also going for review process. Some experts are going to meet this month and we are likely to get clearance for sodium charging. After this we have to get clearance for fuel loading and that may happen in January-February and the reactor may become critical in March or April 2016," Chellapandi said.
The prototype fast breeder reactor uses MOX fuel, which is a combination of plutonium and uranium oxide.
"We will replace some bundles with actual fuel bundles then reactor/unit may become critical. By March or April, chain reaction will be sustained. It will be neutronically commissioned (by putting fuel and generating power) by April," he said.
- Advertising of Chyawanprash on TV grew by 8 times between March and May this year: TAM AdEx Overview
- Singapore reports 188 new COVID-19 cases
- Kumaraswamy slams Karnataka government for poor handling of COVID-19
- Multiplex Association of India expresses dismay after the government decides to keep cinema halls shut in Unlock 2.0
- Maha: Curfew in Beed to contain spread of COVID-19
- Oxford Covid 19 Vaccine
- Bank Holiday in July
- CA Exams
- Types of Chinese App
- Chinese Apps
- Indian Covid 19 Vaccine
- Sharechat App
- Assam Floods Pictures
- H1-B Visa Impact
- Camscanner App Alternative
- Chinese Mobile Company
- Top Chinese App
- List of Banned Chinese Apps
- UC Browser App Alternative
- Britannia vs Parle G
- Smartphone Under 20000 Rs.