2,608 new coronavirus cases in Maharashtra, 60 deaths
Sixty COVID-19-related deaths were also reported in the state during the day, taking the death toll to 1,577.
42 of these deaths took place since Friday evening, while 18 deaths had taken place in the last two weeks (but test results for coronavirus came later), it said.821 patients were discharged from hospitals, taking the total number of recovered patients to 13,404.
The worst-hit Mumbai Metropolitan Region, which includes Mumbai and surrounding satellite towns, has reported 36,173 cases and 1,069 deaths.Of the 60 deaths reported on Saturday, 40 were reported in Mumbai, 14 in Pune,two in Solapur, one each in Vasai-Virar, Satara, Thane and Nanded.
Currently 4,85,623 people are in home quarantine and 33,545 in institutional quarantine.Coronavirus figures for Maharashtra are as follows: total cases 47,190, new cases 2,608, total deaths 1,577, discharged 13,404, Active cases 32,209, number of people tested 3,48,026. MR KRK KRK
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Kerala sets up committee on vaccine manufacturing centre
- Gap between COVID-19 recoveries and active cases steadily increasing: Health ministry
- Ola brings on board former General Motors veteran to lead the global manufacturing and operations of its electric business
- Spotify is the latest to hop on the Instagram-like stories bandwagon and people are asking why
- Upcoming car launches in December — Nissan Magnite, Audi S5 Sportback, Tata Altroz Turbo, and more