Air India to temporarily reduce flights on some US routes: CEO Campbell Wilson
In recent months, there have been instances of some long haul flights getting impacted due to crew shortage issues.
Wilson, who is the CEO and MD, said frequencies will be reduced on some US routes due to crew shortage issues.
The airline has a staff strength of around 11,000 people, including flying and non-flying employees.
"There is a lot happening," he said, adding that the airline is shrinking and growing now.
He was speaking at the CAPA India Summit in the national capital.
Air India has put in place a road map under Vihaan.AI for transformation over a five-year period and has taken various measures, including committing USD 400 million to refurbish the interiors of its entire wide-body fleet.
Last month, the airline announced placing orders for 470 aircraft from
Besides, the merger of
Air India urination case: Victim moves SC for guidelines on unruly behaviour
IndiGo embarking on next level of growth: CEO Pieter Elbers
Popular on BI
- Flyers are 'skiplagging' to try and save money on flight tickets. Airlines hate it.
- Electricity prices in Finland flipped negative — a huge oversupply of clean, hydroelectric power meant suppliers were almost giving it away
- After Germany enters recession, fears in Singapore of 'technical recession'
- Ambati Rayudu announces retirement from IPL
- Data protection bill to drive deep behavioural changes for platforms exploiting data: Chandrasekhar
- MS Dhoni set to play 250th IPL match of his career
- Samsung Galaxy A34 5G review: A Mid-range marvel
- 10 ways to reduce your home loan EMI burden