Airlines engage in banter online amid coronavirus gloom
These are words from full service carrier Vistara, which was soon joined by AirAsia India, SpiceJet and Delhi airport on Twitter.
Amidst planes remaining grounded and gloom in the aviation sector due to the coronavirus pandemic, airlines, led by IndiGo, on Friday took to the microblogging site with humorous exchanges.It all started with the country's largest airline IndiGo tweeting, "Hey @airvistara, not #flyinghigher these days we heard?"Advertisement
Pat came the response from Vistara saying no and adding, "@IndiGo6E, these days being on-ground is a wonderful thing."
To its query "flying would not be the smart choice, what say @goairlinesindia?", GoAir replied saying staying home is the safe feeling."We can hardly wait till everyone takes to the skies, coz at the moment it is not like #NowEveryoneCanFly right @AirAsiaIndian?," the airline said.
Continuing the chain of reactions, AirAsia India tweeted saying absolutely, staying at home is the "Red Hot Spicy thing to do".Asking 'isn't that right?', the budget carrier tagged SpiceJet, which said, "good to know our thoughts match, like our colours!". "Been a while since this bird flew out of her cage. But we're happy creating a safer tomorrow, today! Right @DelhiAirport?," SpiceJet tweeted.Advertisement
Tagging all the four airlines, Delhi airport said the "Indian skies will be coloured with you soon but for now, thanks for giving us a reason to smile!"
"Together in the skies, and together on ground too!," the airport said.Commercial flights are suspended till April 14 amid the 21-day nationwide lockdown to curb spreading of coronavirus infections.Advertisement
Continuing the bonhomie online, Vistara said, "right now we are in a long distance relationship right IndiGo6E?", while GoAir said it is all about social distancing on ground but not at heart. RAM ABMABM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Rajasthan becomes 5th state to cross 10,000 COVID-19 cases - 218 deaths so far
- Most of 51 new SKorea cases linked to door sales
- Apple launches open-source project for password manager developers
- Meet the toppers of Assam HSLC class 10th board exam 2020
- Titan may clock heavy losses in Q4 as people postponed weddings— investors now await management guidance
- guidelines for Malls
- Lockdown extended
- Telangana lockdown guidelines
- Surat Containment Zones
- Karnataka Lockdown Guidelines
- Delhi Containment Zones
- Indore corona cases
- Ecommerce Policy
- Coronavirus cases in India
- Coronavirus cases
- Telangana Coronavirus hotspot
- Maharashtra lockdown guidelines
- Containment Zone in Kolkata
- Pune Containment Zone
- Punjab lockdown guidelines
- Tamilnadu lockdown Guidelines