Amid lockdown, Guj govt's water conservation scheme begins
The scheme, which will continue till June 10, will seethe deepening of lakes, check dams and rivers by removingsilt, and it will be done with people's participation as wellas under MNREGA, said Ashwani Kumar, secretary, ChiefMinister's Office.
He expressed confidence it would create employmentopportunities for the rural population amid the lockdown,adding that norms in place to combat the coronavirus outbreakwill be adhered to while carrying out works under the scheme.
"Apart from maintaining social distancing, localauthorities need to provide masks and sanitizers to theworkers," he added.
The soil excavated during the drive will be given freeof cost to farmers, he told reporters in Gandhinagar.The scheme was started in 2018 after a weak monsoon,and till date, the state's water storage capacity hasincreased by 23,000 lakh cubic feet due to deepening pf lakes,check-dams, rivers and reservoirs, said Kumar. PJT PDBNM BNM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Best smartphones with 64MP primary camera
- AGS Transact Technologies IPO: Here’s how you can check the allotment status
- FMCG company Adani Wilmar’s issue opens today — Check out the important dates and details of the IPO
- Best 21-inch monitors in India
- Best iPad accessories you can get on a budget