Citizens face issues in availability of slots and major technical glitches on the Co-WIN app as India kicks off its largest vaccination drive ever
- The country yesterday began the second drive of vaccination to inoculate a massive chunk of the population aged above 60 and above 45 with comorbidities.
- Furious and worried citizens took to social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter to complain.
- As per the latest data available from the ministry of health and family welfare, nearly 14 million doses of the COVID vaccine have been administered in India.
- Apart from issues of slot availability, people also faced major technical glitches while signing up on the Co-WIN app.
- Check out the latest news and updates on Business Insider.
Furious and worried citizens took to social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter to complain. People on social media posted that they couldn’t find any slots on the Co-WIN app. However, when some of them visited the COVID-19 vaccination centre physically, they were vaccinated.
As per the latest data available from the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, nearly 14 million doses of the COVID vaccine have been administered in India, so far.
Addendum: We tried at all the hospitals nearby but the time slot through CoWin is proving to be a big hindrance. Mo… https://t.co/GkxN8wBy0U— Shivangi शिवांगी شیوانگی (@Shivangiyadav) 1614680974000
@moneycontrolcom @rssharma3 @chandrarsrikant Not really sure whether this is a joke or sarcasm, it is arrived at a… https://t.co/OefG8Dmw0U— Mask-social distancing-handwash- Shrihari Kulkarni (@shriharijk) 1614674912000
There are no vaccine slots available for 4 weeks for senior citizens on the cowin site anywhere!!! Did anyone manag… https://t.co/4HrSSfjU7l— Scherezade Shroff (@sherryshroff) 1614674403000
CoWin app and websites do not show any slots open for 60+ age citizens across pune, what to do, even hospital names… https://t.co/VBAokX1Cat— AMOL MAHAJAN (@amoldmahajan) 1614677772000
#COVID19Vaccine Though registration can be done on CoWIN 2.0 portal, one can not schedule vaccination as all slots… https://t.co/9DQlGHVAZx— virandra saini (@BrigSaini) 1614677365000
No slots available for vaccination on #CoWin portal in any hospital of Mumbai. Are all of them booked already or th… https://t.co/e9LWSypnxr— Sneha Singh (@snehachirps) 1614675767000
Yesterday, the country began to inoculate a massive chunk of the population aged above 60 and above 45 with comorbidities. In its
The government had earlier launched the Co-WIN app to make the vaccination process smooth. It requires citizens to register themselves in order to find a slot for the nearest COVID-19 vaccination centre.
The story doesn’t end here. The app also faced major technical glitches.
Many reported that they were either stuck with a warning that “Co-WIN server is facing issues. Please try later” or they did not receive an OTP (one-time-password) upon entering the mobile number.
Looks like every one is overloaded the site CoWin is not working and saying :CoWIN Server is facing issues. Please try later— Haragopal Vajjha (@haragopalvajjha) 1614612874000
@MoHFW_INDIA The cowin app is not able to send the OTP due to CORS error. I am not able to register anyone. @drharshvardhan— Someindra singh (@Someindrasingh) 1614678371000
Unable to register, unable to login. Both by #CoWIN and #arogyasetu app for vaccination to senior citizens. When w… https://t.co/oCkcdTE100— Srini (@srinivas2112) 1614658836000
SEE ALSO: OYO’s Ritesh Agarwal and Future Group’s Kishore Biyani did not make the cut this year to be among India’s richest billionaires
These are the best national highways in India in terms of efficiency, safety and user services
- Solana, Cardano, Polkadot and others — here’s a quick look at why these crypto tokens are being touted as ‘Ethereum Killers’
- Uber now lets you book rides on WhatsApp in Lucknow — slated to roll out in more Indian cities soon
- Air Pollution Control Day: These are a few simple ways by which you can help the environment
- BYJU's Early Learn App, Disney onboards Olympic medalists Neeraj Chopra and PV Sindhu as its brand ambassadors
- Project Ironman: Leak sheds light on Motorola’s AR glasses with touchpad-bearing neckband and Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset