Cops who arrested rioters in Bengaluru test negative for COVID-19
Of the 126 miscreants arrested, five had tested positivecreating a scare not only in Padarayanapura, but also amongthe police personnel who apprehended them and the staff at theRamanagara district jail, where they were initially lodged.
Sharing the information on Twitter, Bengaluru policecommissioner Bhaskar Rao said, "Led by our Home MinisterBasavaraj Bommai, over 100 of us policemen who had venturedinto Padrayanapura underwent the Covid 19 Test and to muchrelief came Negative. Blessings of Bangaloreans."
On April 19, a police team had gone to Padarayanapuralocality with some health officials to quarantine 43 people,who were the primary and secondary contacts of a COVID-19patient, and were thrashed by a violent crowd.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Gartner predicts opt-out rate for mobile app tracking to decline by 2023 as Apple, Google aim to control it
- Microsoft starts rolling out new Office UI to all users
- OnePlus RT, Moto G200 and more: All upcoming smartphone launches in India in December 2021
- Vim's new ad is a nudge to society to see women beyond archaic roles
- Anand Rathi aims to double its assets under management in the next 3-5 years, says MD Amit Rathi