Delhi having 102 containment zones at present: Official
The districts with higher containment zones included North (21), South-East (16), South (13), South West (12) and North West (10), official figures showed.
The districts with lower number of containment zones are West Delhi and New Delhi, three each, North-East (4) and East (5), the figures showed.
A total of 1,106 coronavirus positive cases were reported in past 24 hours, according to Delhi government health bulletin.
The figure was over 1,000 on Thursday.
An area reporting three or more positive cases of infection is turned into a containment zone to check further spread of the virus.
In Delhi, a total of 152 containment zones were formed in past over two months, out of which 50 have been reverted to normal status. The normal status of a containment zones is restored after no fresh case is reported for 28 days after the last case.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Elon Musk sparks another Shiba Inu rally ‘to the moon’ — other Shiba coins follow suit
- Elon Musk’s puppy, a new strategy to burn tokens, and altcoins playing catch up — the perfect storm for cryptocurrency Shiba Inu to skyrocket
- Chinese smartphone brands under scrutiny, government to check components, pre-installed apps: Report
- Best AMD desktop processors — which one to buy in India?
- Best AMD Ryzen laptops in India
- Best TVs with HDR support in India
- Bored Ape NFT sells for $2.7 million, making it the most expensive in Yacht Club collection
- Startup salaries have increased over 40% in the last six months