Delhi's COVID tally crosses 66,000-mark with record 3,947 new cases; death toll 2,301
New Delhi, Jun 23 () Delhi's tally of COVID-19 cases crossed the 66,000-mark on Tuesday with the biggest single-day jump of 3,947 fresh infections, while the death toll due to the disease mounted to 2,301, authorities said.
From Friday to Sunday, 3,000 or more fresh cases were reported per day in the national capital. On Monday, 2,909 cases were recorded.
Sixty-eight fatalities have been recorded in the last 24 hours, a Delhi health department bulletin said on Tuesday.
The death toll due to the coronavirus infection has risen to 2,301, and the total number of cases has mounted to 66,602, it said.The death toll due to COVID-19 stood at 2,233 in Delhi on Monday. KND DIV DIV
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
Popular on BI
- Elizabeth Holmes ordered dinners for Theranos staff but made sure they weren't delivered until after 8 p.m. so they worked late: book
- My twin and I were in separate classrooms in school. Our joint math lesson made me realize how silly that was.
- 2,000 years before 'manscaping' and smooth armpits, the Romans were seriously into hair removal, archaeological findings show
- Small Size Bluetooth speakers in India
- Best tablets under ₹5000 in India
- Speedy, small loan market sees Muthoot Microfin make an entry
- Best budget headphone for work from home in India
- More than 60% LGBTQ+ cancelled travel plans in India last year with over 90% fearing for their safety