Employ youths who returned due to lockdown in construction of AIIMS in Assam: Sonowal to contractor
The chief minister reviewed the progress of the construction of the All India Institute Of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Changsari in Kamrup district and also held a meeting with officials of the construction firm.
"Once completed, this institution will transform Assam into a medical hub of not only the Northeast region but entire Southeast Asia," he said.The first phase of construction would be completed within its stipulated deadline of June 2021 and the second phase by June 2022, he said. Advertisement
The chief minister also directed state government departments to extend full cooperation in the construction of AIIMS.
He reviewed the status of installation of power substations, drainage layout for releasing stormwater coming down from the nearby hills, provisions for drinking water, emergency response systems like fire outbreak management within the complex and other facilities.He directed the officials engaged in the construction to make it one of the most beautiful AIIMS campuses in the country.
The Centre has released Rs 757 crore out of the total estimated project cost of over Rs 1,200 crore.He appreciated Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sharma, who was also present there, for constantly monitoring and supervising the construction works. DG SOM SOM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Confiscate Bengaluru rioters' properties like Yogi Adityanath did, suggests Tejasvi Surya
- Best affordable smartwatches in India that work with Android and iOS
- JEE Mains admit card 2020 to be out soon. Here’s how to download it
- Friends Dry Pants aims to destigmatise talking about urine leakage and weak bladders in its campaign
- Amazon’s entry in food delivery is a speed bump on Zomato and Swiggy’s race to profitability, says report