Employ youths who returned due to lockdown in construction of AIIMS in Assam: Sonowal to contractor
The chief minister reviewed the progress of the construction of the All India Institute Of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) at Changsari in Kamrup district and also held a meeting with officials of the construction firm.
"Once completed, this institution will transform Assam into a medical hub of not only the Northeast region but entire Southeast Asia," he said.The first phase of construction would be completed within its stipulated deadline of June 2021 and the second phase by June 2022, he said.
He reviewed the status of installation of power substations, drainage layout for releasing stormwater coming down from the nearby hills, provisions for drinking water, emergency response systems like fire outbreak management within the complex and other facilities.He directed the officials engaged in the construction to make it one of the most beautiful AIIMS campuses in the country.
The Centre has released Rs 757 crore out of the total estimated project cost of over Rs 1,200 crore.He appreciated Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sharma, who was also present there, for constantly monitoring and supervising the construction works. DG SOM SOM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- If the COVID-19 vaccine prices are too high for some, then why not use direct benefit transfer
- The COVID-19 crisis in India is getting worse with state administrations trying to hoard oxygen
- On Earth Day, companies commit to adopt more sustainable practices in an attempt to safeguard our tomorrow
- Tiger Global makes its first crypto investment in India making Coinswitch Kuber worth half a billion dollars
- Best pulse oximeters to keep a check on your SpO2 readings