India has seen atleast 10 instances of section 144 in the last 8 months of Modi 2.0
- Local police of Bengaluru, Uttar Pradesh and several parts of Karnataka imposed
Section 144on December 19 following massive protests against Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA).
- The section has become a common occurrence, especially during the later half of the year.
- People violating the section can be booked for involvement in riots and sent to prison for 3 years.
Soon after thousands of people joined a protest against the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) on December 19, local police of Bengaluru, Uttar Pradesh and several parts of Karnataka imposed Section 144. The section has become a common occurrence, especially during the later half of the year.
View all Offers
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
Section 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) of 1973 empowers the police to forbid assembly of four or more people in an area. It also allows authorities to shut down mobile, internet and SMS services. People violating the section can be booked for involvement in riots and sent to prison for 3 years.
TOP VIDEOS FOR YOUHere are all the events when government used section 144 in 2019:
Protest against Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA)
The Hyderabad rape and murder case
Jammu and Kashmir — removal of section 370
The Aarey controversy
Sharad Pawar vs ED
Extreme heat wave in Bihar
- The Tokyo Olympics are a hive of NFT activity — from pins to moments to artwork
- Twitter is rolling out an update to make Twitter Spaces easier to share and discover
- Tencent and Alibaba Group have lost more than $100 billion in July as China cracked down on internet giants
- Cadbury Dairy Milk's next phase of 'heart the hate' campaign urges bystanders to stand up against cyberbullying by sharing a Purple Heart
- Coinbase, CoinDCX, WazirX and other crypto firms aren’t just looking for engineers but designers, social media wizards, and managers too