India will have over a million active COVID-19 cases by tomorrow
- India records over 1,94,720 fresh COVID-19 cases and 442 deaths in the last 24 hours.
- The Omicron tally in India also climbed to 4,868 cases.
- Around 60,405 people have been recovered so far in the last 24 hours.
AdvertisementIndia registered 1,94,720 new COVID-19 cases, 15.8% higher than the previous day. Currently, the active caseload of the country stands at 9,55,319 cases, and at the rate of the last seven days, this number is likely to cross a million by tomorrow.
|Date||COVID-19 cases registered|
Around 442 people succumbed to COVID-19 in the last one day, taking the tally to 4,84,655, revealed the country’s health ministry on Wednesday. The death toll has reportedly increased over 70% in the last seven days compared to the week before that.
Around 60,405 people have been recovered so far in the last 24 hours. The recovery rate also stands at 96.01%, according to the data by the Union Health Ministry.
The Omicron tally in India also climbed to 4,868 cases reported in 28 states with Maharashtra remaining to be the worst-hit state with 1,281 Omicron cases, followed by Rajasthan with 645 cases and Delhi with 546 cases.
Meanwhile, the daily positivity rate currently stands at 11.05%, as the country is witnessing a sudden surge in COVID-19 cases.
India has inoculated 85,26,240 COVID-19 vaccination doses in the last 24 hours, taking the tally to more than 153 crore COVID-19 doses so far.
More than 16.50 crore balance and unutilised COVID-19 vaccine doses are still available with the states and union territories to be administered, according to the health ministry as of Wednesday morning.
Booster doses of current vaccines may not be enough to fight emerging COVID-19 variants, says WHO
RANKED: The most powerful passports in the world
Popular on BI
- Exploring India's majestic glaciers: 10 frozen wonders
- New fund alert: 'Axis India Manufacturing Fund'
- Anti-collision system KAVACH, Delhi-Kolkata, Delhi-Mumbai corridor to see completion in 2024-25: Vaishnaw
- Top 10 places to visit in India in December
- 10 Amazing health benefits of Aloe Vera