Lucknow to create four 'monkey forests' to keep the simians off cities
As a pilot project, the first
The Umaria monkey forest would be called Laxman Vanar Van.
According to district magistrate Suryapal Gangwar, "At present Umaria is being developed, but an action plan is also in pipeline to establish a monkey forest on the outer four corners of the city. Plantation of fruit trees will be done in the forest, so that the monkeys can get enough food throughout the year. Arrangements for a pond/reservoir will also be made."
Of late, Lucknow has been seeing a growing monkey menace with simians creating nuisance in residential areas. A number of accidents in these areas have also been reported and at least, half a dozen children have been killed /injured after being chased by monkeys.
It’s not the CM seat but the one who wields ‘bow and arrow’ will be the Sena head
Ban on single-use plastic kicks in across India as the country recognises the choking impacts of plastic waste on the environment
Popular on BI
- Razorpay forays into loyalty and rewards segment with PoshVine acquisition
- Don't equate fun with money: Sundar Pichai to employees
- Best Intel-powered laptops for school students
- Festive season is here! Explore the best Intel Laptops for Education
- Reliance is reportedly planning to launch JioPhone 5G in India at a very affordable price