Over 2,000 Goans repatriated amid COVID-19 pandemic: Official
State NRI commissioner Narendra Sawaikar said till date, 2,304 Goans employed on ships and 260 stranded in 31 countries have reached the coastal state.
A flight from Dubai under Vande Bharat Mission and 11 chartered flights with people employed on ships had landed in Goa since the COVID-19 outbreak and subsequent lockdown, he said.
As per the Union Ministry of Home Affairs' guidelines, people arriving from foreign countries have to be quarantined for seven days in a hotel after conducting COVID-19 test on them.
At least 31 hotels with 1,819 rooms were being used to quarantine people who had travelled to the state from foreign countries, Sawaikar said.According to official data, around 6,000-7,000 Goans working on ships wished to return to their home state because of the current health crisis. RPS ARU ARU
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Taj Hotels’ Qmin food delivery app claims to be the only profitable business among its peers
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn