Pregnant woman tests COVID-19 positive in Meghalaya; count rises to 44
Shillong, Jun 10 () A pregnant woman has tested positive for COVID-19 in Meghalaya, taking the state's tally to 44, officials said on Wednesday.
The woman, who is in an advanced stage of pregnancy, had recently returned to the state from Delhi along with her husband and both were placed under institutional quarantine, a senior health official told .
She was admitted to the North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) here on Tuesday night and she tested positive for the deadly virus, he said.
"One high risk contact of a positive patient has tested positive for COVID19 in Shillong. Person is under medical supervision," Chief Minister Conrad K Sangma tweeted.
Of the 44 cases, 30 are active while 13 persons have recovered and one has died, he added.
Meanwhile, a village in Ri-Bhoi district, where a 72- year-old man had tested positive for COVID-19, has been declared a containment zone, Director of Health Services, Aman War, said.Thirteen persons from the village and 16 others in East Khasi Hills district are considered as high-risk contacts of the elderly COVID-19 patient, he added. JOP ACD ACD
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- Putin's leadership is unraveling as he takes regular breaks for medical treatment and is constantly surrounded by doctors, says British ex-spy
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani