Pregnant woman tests COVID-19 positive in Meghalaya; count rises to 44
Shillong, Jun 10 () A pregnant woman has tested positive for COVID-19 in Meghalaya, taking the state's tally to 44, officials said on Wednesday.
The woman, who is in an advanced stage of pregnancy, had recently returned to the state from Delhi along with her husband and both were placed under institutional quarantine, a senior health official told .She was admitted to the North Eastern Indira Gandhi Regional Institute of Health and Medical Sciences (NEIGRIHMS) here on Tuesday night and she tested positive for the deadly virus, he said.
Of the 44 cases, 30 are active while 13 persons have recovered and one has died, he added.Meanwhile, a village in Ri-Bhoi district, where a 72- year-old man had tested positive for COVID-19, has been declared a containment zone, Director of Health Services, Aman War, said.
Thirteen persons from the village and 16 others in East Khasi Hills district are considered as high-risk contacts of the elderly COVID-19 patient, he added. JOP ACD ACD
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Argentine Football legend Diego Maradona, 60, dead
- Bengal Minister Hakim likely to take part in Covaxin Phase-3 trial
- Headspace to offer unlimited access to students from IIT and IIM in India for six months
- Cyclone Nivar likely to cross coast tonight, TN CM declares one more day holiday
- Delhi's air quality deteriorates to 'severe' category due to slow winds