Pune COVID-19 case doubling rate now 9 days: Civic chief
The ICMT had visited Pune on Monday and had said thenumber of days in which cases were doubling was seven, a ratehigher than that in the national scenario.
"The data taken by ICMT was of six day ago. We areimproving. While the Central team was here, the doubling rateimproved to eight days and as of now, the number of days ittakes for COVID-19 cases to double is nine," Pune MunicipalCommissioner Shekhar Gaikwad said.
"Over the last three days, the number of cases beingreported is also coming down. On Saturday, the number of casesreported in Pune city was 107. It was 94 the day beforeyesterday. On Monday, it was still lower at 72," he added.
He said the ratio between testing and positive caseswas 9:1, adding that the emphasis was on "accurate and focusedtesting", especially in hotspots.
"Testing has to be focused and targeted and not justfor the sake of it. For example, if there are 10 closecontacts of a COVID-19 patient and two of them have nosymptoms, then the duo's tests are not taken then," heexplained.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- Best HP laptop in India 2022: Which one is for you?
- Towards 'zero hunger': Odisha tops 'State Ranking Index' first under under National Food Security Act; UP, Andhra, and Gujarat also score high
- Best face creams and lotions for men in India
- Monsoon rain wreaks havoc in Himachal and Karnataka, orange alert in Gujarat
- Apple’s MacBook Air with M2 chip will go on sale from July 15, pre-orders starting July 8