Pune COVID-19 case doubling rate now 9 days: Civic chief
The ICMT had visited Pune on Monday and had said thenumber of days in which cases were doubling was seven, a ratehigher than that in the national scenario.
"The data taken by ICMT was of six day ago. We areimproving. While the Central team was here, the doubling rateimproved to eight days and as of now, the number of days ittakes for COVID-19 cases to double is nine," Pune MunicipalCommissioner Shekhar Gaikwad said.
"Over the last three days, the number of cases beingreported is also coming down. On Saturday, the number of casesreported in Pune city was 107. It was 94 the day beforeyesterday. On Monday, it was still lower at 72," he added.
He said the ratio between testing and positive caseswas 9:1, adding that the emphasis was on "accurate and focusedtesting", especially in hotspots.
"Testing has to be focused and targeted and not justfor the sake of it. For example, if there are 10 closecontacts of a COVID-19 patient and two of them have nosymptoms, then the duo's tests are not taken then," heexplained."The reason they are not tested at the time is thatthe result may be negative. However, there is a chance theymay test positive for the virus in five to six days as this ishow the virus behaves. People test positive after seven daysfrom the day they get the infection," he said. SPKBNM BNM
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- OnePlus RT, Moto G200 and more: All upcoming smartphone launches in India in December 2021
- Vim's new ad is a nudge to society to see women beyond archaic roles
- Anand Rathi aims to double its assets under management in the next 3-5 years, says MD Amit Rathi
- Hackers steal $120 million from DeFi protocol BadgerDAO — platform hits indefinite pause on all smart contract activity
- Delhi government to install 1.40 lakh CCTV cameras in second phase, says CM Arvind Kejriwal