India's retail inflation dropped below 7% in July for the first time in four months
Retail inflationsoftened to 6.7% in July, mainly on account of moderation in food prices, government data showed on Friday.
- In June, retail
inflationwas at 7% and it stood at 5.6% in July 2021.
- According to the data, food inflation in July 2022 moderated to 6.75% as against 7.75% in June.
Retail inflation softened to 6.71 per cent in July, mainly on account of moderation in food prices, government data showed on Friday.
In June, retail inflation was at 7.01 per cent and it stood at 5.59 per cent in July 2021.
According to the data, food inflation in July 2022 moderated to 6.75 per cent as against 7.75 per cent in June.
The Consumer Price Index (CPI) based retail inflation, however, remained above the
In the first three months of the current fiscal, retail inflation remained above 7 per cent.
Popular on BI
- How OnlyFans star Riley Reid plans to 'immortalize' herself using AI
- A leading supplement researcher says she doesn't take any — because she's getting what she needs from her vegan diet
- Mattel rolled out a Barbie to honor a late Cherokee Nation chief with a language error on the box that says 'chicken' instead of 'Cherokee'
- Paytm to focus on big ticket loans to low-risk credit-worthy customers
- 10 Cities in India perfect for a chill and relaxed life
- India’s economic rise: How global tech giants are chasing the next big growth engine
- Lamborghini Revuelto: Plug-in hybrid supercar with V12 engine hits Indian roads
- 10 Lesser-known destinations to visit in India in December