Tamil Nadu orders spot fine of ₹200 for not wearing a mask amid rising cases of COVID-19
Speaking to IANS, Radhakrishnan said: "There is surging Covid cases and people should not take it lightly. You can see the increase in cases in Maharashtra and Kerala and if people behaves like this, there will be a major increase in Tamil Nadu also which will turn difficult for the state and hence these measures."
AdvertisementThe state health secretary also checked the containment zones in Chennai and said that around 4,000 beds are ready at Covid care centres in Chennai city.
The state health department has already collected 13 crores from 14 lakh people as fine for not wearing masks.
However, in the villages, the people are not wearing masks and even government officials are reluctant to wear masks. Areas around Theni, Kanyakumari, parts of Salem, villages around Erode, Dindigal, Pazhani, Madurai and Tirunelvelli have reported on people not wearing masks.
Gold prices are falling and the world’s biggest market for the yellow metal is hoping for more shoppers
Auto components maker Craftsman Automation’s ₹150 crore IPO to hit the capital markets next week — price band fixed at ₹1,488–1,490
India is asking the QUAD for money to boost vaccine production and counter China’s moves on the global stage
- A venture capitalist's advice for startups looking to raise money during this pandemic
- Into the wild: Epic pictures of magnificent beasts in their natural environment
- India clocks over 200,000 COVID-19 cases for a third day in a row
- Indian-origin scientist spots genes that fight Covid infection
- MLS concludes Beckham's Miami broke league budget rules