Telangana extends lockdown till June 30, new guidelines allow inter-state travel
- Telangana has extended the lockdown in the containment zones till June 30 and till June 7 in non-containment zones.
- The government has relaxed the night curfew and removed restrictions on inter-state travel.
- The Telangana government will adopt the phased reopening plan for the non-containment zones.
Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao announced the lockdown extension after Chief Secretary Somesh Kumar, DGP Mahender Reddy and other senior officials from the state.
The Telangana government has implemented the lockdown relaxations announced by the Centre in the non-containment zones with some changes.
“It was decided to implement the relaxations given to the guidelines by the Centre in all the areas except in the containment zones. The chief minister instructed the officials concerned to implement strictly the lockdown in the containment zones,” an official release said.
Telangana Lockdown 5.0 guidelines
The first change from the current lockdown is the relaxation of the night curfew in the state. The government has announced a restriction on movement from 9 pm to 5 am, except for accessing emergency medical care. Apart from this, all shops and establishments except hospitals and pharmacies have to be closed by 8 pm.
In a major relief to people looking to travel to other states or returning to Telangana from other states, the government has removed all restrictions on inter-state movement. This means that no special permission is required for inter-state travel.
In non-containment zones, the phased reopening announced by the Centre will be followed by the state government.
1. Phase I
The following activities will be allowed from June 8, 2020:
- Religious places, places of worship for the public.
- Hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services.
- Shopping malls.
Schools, colleges and other educational institutions may be reopened after a review by the state government in July.
3. Phase III
In this phase, the state government will decide on allowing the following activities after an assessment of the situation:
- International air travel.
- Metro rail.
- Cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, parks, theatres, bars and similar places.
- Social, political, entertainment, academic and other large gatherings.
Lockdown extended till June 30 in containment zones only all over India
Goa issues advisory for gradual relaxations in lockdown norms from June 8
Fourth phase of lockdown accounts for nearly half of total COVID cases in India
- Film industry wishes speedy recovery for Big B, son Abhishek after they test COVID-19 positive
- 535 new COVID-19 cases in Assam
- Expand plasma therapy facilities for COVID-19 patients: CM
- West Bengal records biggest single-day jump of 1,344 COVID-19 cases
- Amitabh Bachchan and son Abhishek test positive for COVID-19, hospitalised