Lockdown extended till June 30 in containment zones only all over India
Hyderabad Traffic Police
Lockdown5.0 guidelines state that containment zoneswill remain on lockdown till June 30.
- All activities in non-containment zones will be allowed, except those mentioned in the three-phase re-opening.
- Curfew timings have been reduced – it will now be in force from 9 pm to 5 am every day across the country.
The order says, “In exercise of the powers conferred under Section 10(2)(1) of the Disaster Management Act, 2005, the undersigned hereby directs that guidelines, as annexed, will remain in force up to 30.06.2020.”
Only essential activities will be allowed in containment zones
According to the MHA order, only essential activities will be allowed in containment zones. All other activities will continue to remain restricted, based on the existing guidelines. The respective states and union territories will determine containment zones based on guidelines issued by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW).
Apart from this, curfew timings have been reduced – it will now be in force from 9 pm to 5 am every day across the country.
No restrictions on movement of persons and goods
The MHA guidelines have also removed all the restrictions on the movement of persons and goods both within and outside the state.
Three-phase re-opening on non-containment zones
In non-containment zones, the government has announced a phased re-opening. Under this plan, all activities will be allowed, except the following:
1. Phase I
The following activities will be allowed from June 8, 2020:
- Religious places, places of worship for public.
- Hotels, restaurants and other hospitality services.
- Shopping malls.
Schools, colleges and other educational institutions will be re-opened after consultation with states and union territories.
A decision on this will be taken in July, 2020.
3. Phase III
Based the assessment of the situation, a decision on the following will be undertaken:
- International air travel.
- Metro rail.
- Cinema halls, gymnasiums, swimming pools, parks, theatres, bars and similar places.
- Social, political, entertainment, academic and other large gatherings.
These are the penalties for violating Coronavirus lockdown in India
Coronavirus cases in India state wise
List of essential services operational during a lockdown