Brazil suspends Covaxin trials, weeks after graft allegations surfaced
The termination of the pact comes after the deal with the Brazilian government for supply of 20 million doses of the vaccine landed in controversy and attracted investigation by authorities in that country.
"In the Coordination of Clinical Research at Anvisa (
The suspension was carried out as a result of a statement from the Indian company Bharat
Precisa Medicamentos was
Following the graft allegations, the Brazilian government has suspended Covaxin's order temporarily.
SEE ALSO -
Reliance Retail, the cash cow for Mukesh Ambani’s RIL, may be hit by the second wave of the pandemic
Zomato, Paytm, Sony LIV, Disney+Hotstar back up after glitch takes down internet
Popular on BI
- Future of Work 2021: Work from home is here now, but people demand some physical sense at work
- Deadline for PAN-Aadhaar linkage extended till March 2022
- Here is what the Indian film industry can learn from gig economy firms like Zomato and Urban Company
- Cat lover? Here’s a chance to do your favourite thing for research — watch cat videos
- India should let tele migration bloom before worrying about how to tax writers, creators and consultants, says India’s Chief Economic Advisor K V Subramanian