Desperate texts show people pleading for help inside flooded subway trains in China where 12 people drowned
- Subway trains filled with water in the flooded city of Zhengzhou, China.
- Hundreds of people were trapped, and many sent messages pleading for help.
- 12 people died, and more than 500 people were rescued.
Hundreds of people were trapped inside flooded subway cars filling with water as a major Chinese city battled devastating flooding.Twelve were killed after two subway trains were submerged in Zhengzhou, Reuters reported. Authorities said more than 500 people were rescued.
View all Offers
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Gray Sierra, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9A (Nature Green, 2GB RAM, 32GB Storage) | 2GHz Octa-core Helio G25 Processor | 5000 mAh Battery₹ 6999₹ 8499Buy On
OnePlus Nord 2 5G (Blue Haze, 8GB RAM, 128GB Storage) I Extra upto Rs.1000 off on Exchange₹ 29999Buy On
- 19% OFF
Redmi Note 10 (Aqua Green, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) -Amoled Dot Display | 48MP Sony Sensor IMX582 | Snapdragon 678 Processor₹ 12999₹ 15999Buy On
- 18% OFF
Redmi 9 (Carbon Black, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage) | 2.3GHz Mediatek Helio G35 Octa core Processor₹ 8999₹ 10999Buy On
Another person who was rescued wrote on social media, according to Reuters: "The water reached my chest. I was really scared, but the most terrifying thing was not the water, but the diminishing air supply in the carriage."Video footage showed people standing in waist-high water:
-The Paper 澎湃新闻 (@thepapercn) July 20, 2021
And this video shows rescue workers in the system:
-Reuters (@Reuters) July 21, 2021
-Manya Koetse (@manyapan) July 20, 2021Rescuers were able to pull people out after they were trapped for several hours, the BBC reported.Tens of thousands of people have been evacuated because of the flooding, and at least 33 people have died, according to Reuters. Zhengzhou has a population of around 12 million.
-Manya Koetse (@manyapan) July 22, 2021
- The Tokyo Olympics are a hive of NFT activity — from pins to moments to artwork
- Twitter is rolling out an update to make Twitter Spaces easier to share and discover
- Tencent and Alibaba Group have lost more than $100 billion in July as China cracked down on internet giants
- Cadbury Dairy Milk's next phase of 'heart the hate' campaign urges bystanders to stand up against cyberbullying by sharing a Purple Heart
- Coinbase, CoinDCX, WazirX and other crypto firms aren’t just looking for engineers but designers, social media wizards, and managers too