UK Treasury boss to extend job support, tax breaks in budget
Rishi Sunak said in a tweet he will announce a three-part plan to "protect the jobs and livelihoods of the British people" when he speaks to House of Commons at 12:30 pm London time.
British media reports indicate Sunak will extend the furlough programme, under which the government pays 80 per cent of the wages for private employees unable to work during the pandemic.He also plans to expand grants for self-employed workers, while extending a temporary increase in welfare payments and tax relief for businesses.
(This story has not been edited by Business Insider and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed we subscribe to.)
- A newly found ‘super’ Earth only takes 2.4 days to complete a year
- A venture capitalist's advice for startups looking to raise money during this pandemic
- Into the wild: Epic pictures of magnificent beasts in their natural environment
- India clocks over 200,000 COVID-19 cases for a third day in a row
- Indian-origin scientist spots genes that fight Covid infection