"I love you", Arvind Kejriwal's first words in his first speech after winning a second full term as Delhi Chief Minister
- The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) is cruising to a comfortable victory in the recently concluded Delhi election.
- The party seeking re-election put on an impressive show with leads in 60 out of the 70 seats in the Delhi assembly.
- AAP also managed to hold on to its vote share largely, clocking 53.3% compared to 54.3% five years ago.
As of 3:30 pm, AAP led by incumbent Chief Minsiter Arvind Kejriwal was leading 60 out of the 70 seats in the Delhi assembly after a carefully crafted campaign against a juggernaut that is the Narendra Modi-led Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
|Party||2020 Seats||2020 Vote share||2019 seats||2020 Vote share|
SEE ALSO: Kejriwal's spectacular win has five lessons for Rajinikanth, Mamata Banerjee, MK Stalin, and Lalu Yadav
These are the highlights of Kejriwal's victory speech after the Delhi election results came out.
The message from the people of Delhi is clear. They will vote for people who will set up primary health centres, work on improving schools, build road, provide affordable water and electricity.
This is a new type of politics, and it is great news for India as a country.
It is victory of the 2 crore people of Delhi who considered me their son.
Kejriwal thanked his party workers, his family for their support, as well as the Hindu deity Hanuman
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal— The Man With A Knack For Carpe Diem
Election strategy: AAP may win in Delhi by not falling for BJP’s traps
- After Happiest Minds Tech, Route Mobile doubles the money invested in the IPO
- Rapido shifts focus to logistics; sees 25% business recovery and aims for 1.5x growth next year over FY20
- Major drug consignment recovered in UP district
- HCL acquires leading Australian IT firm DWS
- These are the latest government job vacancies at SEBI, BEL, BIS and Central Coalsfield