Tucker Carlson says Joe and Jill Biden's 44-year marriage is just a 'slick PR campaign' that is 'as real as climate change'
- In a bizarre Fox News segment, Tucker Carlson accused the nation's first couple of being frauds.
- Carlson on Tuesday claimed that the Bidens' 44-year marriage was a "slick PR campaign."
- He also mocked coverage of their public displays of affection.
The Fox News host Tucker Carlson in an extended bit during his show on Tuesday night baselessly claimed that President Joe Biden and first lady Jill Biden's marriage was merely a public-relations stunt.
"The Bidens' affection is totally real. It's in no way part of a slick PR campaign devised by cynical consultants determined to hide the president's senility by misdirection," Carlson said."No, not at all," he added with a chuckle. "Their love is as real as climate change."
—Kat Abu (@abughazalehkat) February 17, 2021Carlson began with more boilerplate media criticism, mocking outlets like Politico for covering the first couple's public displays of affection and reporting on the evolution of their 44-year marriage.
The Politico article that Carlson took issue with was titled "'It just symbolizes everything': Bidens bring presidential PDA back to the White House."First couples have long been the subject of public intrigue, particularly early in a new administration as they make the White House their own.
Other segments on Fox News have criticized coverage of Jill Biden compared with Melania Trump. And Howard Kurtz said in a blog post early Wednesday that the Bidens' "dogs get good press - with the inevitable note that Donald Trump didn't have a dog, or even a cat."
- Chris Gayle appears four times in the top 10 list of most sixes hit in an IPL match
- Up-close and not so personal with Munnar’s pit vipers, gliding frogs and more
- Haryana government extends lockdown in the state till May 24
- UK's Cairn Energy identifies $70 billion Indian assets for seizing to recover amount due from government
- States to receive nearly 51 lakh COVID-19 vaccine doses in next three days, says Union Health Ministry