Schwinn is chopping $500 off the price of its new e-bike for Prime Day 2019
- The Schwinn Monroe 250 Single-Speed Electric Bike was designed with both casual bike riders and commuters in mind with its five speeds of electrical assistance that make easy work of hills.
- During Amazon Prime Day this year (July 15-16), Prime members can get 33% off the usual price for the Schwinn Monroe 250.
- You can find all Prime Day 2019 coverage from Insider Picks here, and a one-stop master list of all the best Prime Day 2019 deals here.
If you've seen e-bikes whizzing around town and always thought they looked like fun, Prime Day 2019 offers you a chance to join in on the craze. For just a few more hours, Schwinn is marking its Monroe 250 Single-Speed Electric Bike down to $999.
I had the opportunity to test the Schwinn Monroe 250 for a few weeks leading up to Prime Day. I was hesitant to try an e-bike because the main reason I cycle is for exercise. Why would I want an electric motor to do all of the work for me? Well, after hours of joyriding, I'm a convert.The 250-watt motor only engages when you are pedaling, and using the controller by the left handle, you can adjust between five speeds of assistance or no help at all. I found I could peel out from a standstill to 20 miles an hour with a few quick pedals. And, as a 250-pound fella, I was impressed with how the bike zipped up hills at 15 mph.
Here are some of the important specs:
- Frame material: aluminum
- Frame sizes: 54 centimeters (small for heights 5-foot-5 to 5-foot-8), 56 cm (medium for heights 5-foot-7 to 5-foot-10), 58 cm (large for heights 5-foot-11 to 6-foot-3)
- Brakes: Tektro mechanical disc with motor cutoff levers
- Tires: 35 millimeters wide with Rhino Skin puncture protection
- Wheels: 700c/27.5-inch
- Weight: about 45 pounds
- Assist speeds: 5, or you can choose not to have any assistance
- Battery range: up to 45 miles - depending on how much assistance you use
- Warranty: lifetime on the frame and fork and two years on the battery and electric-assisted parts
I strongly recommend the Monroe 250 as an outstanding solution for sedentary individuals who want to find a way to get into the habit of exercising. This is a good bike to get you started. This is also a great bike if you've always considered commuting to work but were concerned about steep hills, showing up to work sweaty, or being too tired out at the end of the day to pedal home. You control how much energy you exert.
Whatever your reason, if you've ever considered giving e-bikes a try, don't let Prime Day 2019 pass you by without taking advantage of this sale.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at email@example.com.