Graph shows how far COVID-19 cases have soared in the UK since the more contagious variant was discovered
Coronaviruscases have been soaring in the UK, with the country's total number of positive tests rising by 70% just since the new, more infectious variant was announced on December 14.
- The sharp increase came even after the UK tightened restrictions in December.
- The variant is called B.1.1.7. Scientists worldwide are urgently investigating how its mutations affect its behavior.
- The variant has been discovered in several US states and countries around the world.
The total number of people who have ever tested positive for the novel coronavirus in the UK has risen by 70% in roughly four weeks, according to government stats.per the UK government, as the total number of positive tests increased to 3,164,051 from 1,869,666.
- Protesting farmers break barricades at Delhi borders, entering the national capital ahead of time
- BJD chalks out issues for upcoming budget session of Parliament
- Farmer unions now announce plan to march towards Parliament on Budget day
- Pradhan Mantri Bal Puraskar to be awarded to 32 children on Republic Day
- Birla is making Asian Paints and Berger Paints change colours— and it’s bad news for those who got shares in Indigo IPO too