Chrissy Teigen suffers pregnancy loss after getting hospitalized for extreme bleeding: 'On this darkest of days, we will grieve'
- Chrissy Teigen suffered a pregnancy loss after being hospitalized for excessive bleeding.
- The model and TV personality shared the news in a raw Twitter post late Wednesday night.
- Teigen had gotten two blood transfusions earlier this week, and after getting additional "bags and bags of blood transfusions" the bleeding still couldn't be stopped, she wrote.
- Teigen and her husband, John Legend, had named their unborn son Jack.
Chrissy Teigen suffered a pregnancy loss after being hospitalized for several days for excessive bleeding, the model shared in a raw and emotional Twitter post late Wednesday night.
"We are shocked and in the kind of deep pain you only hear about, the kind of pain we've never felt before," Teigen wrote. She juxtaposed the text with a black-and-white photo of herself perched on a hospital bed, crying with her head in her hands.
—chrissy teigen (@chrissyteigen) October 1, 2020Teigen, who was pregnant with her third child, a son, with her husband, John Legend, shared in early September that she had been put on bed rest for two weeks.
Teigen miscarried after being hospitalized for excessive bleeding
Even after Teigen got "bags and bags of blood transfusions," the bleeding couldn't be stopped, she shared on Twitter, and the baby couldn't get the fluids he needed to survive, she added.Dr. Jessica Shepherd, an OB-GYN at Baylor University Medical Center, who wasn't involved in Teigen's treatment, told Insider earlier this week that getting blood transfusions during pregnancy was uncommon. The procedure is usually reserved for anemia, and hemorrhaging, which is what Teigen was experiencing.
In her post, Teigen shared that unlike her previous pregnancies, in which she and Legend waited until their children were born to choose their names, the couple had "for some reason" already picked a name for their unborn son. They had started calling their baby Jack.
Teigen and John Legend had named their unborn baby Jack"He will always be Jack to us," she wrote. "Jack worked so hard to be a part of our little family, and he will be, forever."The cookbook author revealed her pregnancy in August in Legend's music video for "Wild." She then confirmed the news on Twitter and Instagram.
The couple has two children, Luna and Miles, and Teigen has opened up about how they used in vitro fertilization for their other pregnancies.
In her Twitter post, Teigen shared how "grateful" she was for Luna and Miles and said "on this darkest of days, we will grieve, we will cry our eyes out."Teigen followed up her initial statement with a post expressing her shock.
"Driving home from the hospital with no baby," she wrote. "How can this be real."
- Public to be allowed to watch Karna assembly budget session
- Delhi Assembly's budget session to begin on March 8
- Patanjali’s Acharya Balkrishna is the biggest loser on Hurun’s Rich List of Indian billionaires
- Delhi CM announces Sharman Joshi-starrer movie 'Fauji Calling' tax free in Delhi
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Joe Root, and Kyle Mayers shortlist for ICC's Player of the month