Experts think the new new mask guidance may be too broad
Welcome to Insider Healthcare. I'm Lydia Ramsey Pflanzer, back at the helm of this daily newsletter. Today in
- Experts told us the new CDC mask guidelines may be too broad;
- "Breakthrough" coronavirus cases in Yankees players tells us a lot about how the virus can spread in vaccinated people;
- Delaying a second Pfizer dose by 9 weeks could boost antibodies.
Vaccinated people can ditch masks and distancing, the CDC says. Experts think the guidance is overdue but may be too broad.
- Fully vaccinated Americans no longer have to mask up or distance at indoor or outdoor gatherings.
- The new CDC rule is overdue, experts said, but there are still circumstances that warrant caution.
- If you live in a hotspot or have unvaccinated kids, you may not want to ditch your mask yet.
The Yankees' 'breakthrough' COVID-19 infections are a case study in how the virus can spread among vaccinated people
- Eight members of the Yankees organization have tested positive for COVID-19 after being vaccinated.
- These kinds of "breakthrough infections" are usually mild or asymptomatic.
- Relaxed restrictions and the spread of variants may have increased the risk of an outbreak.
Delaying a 2nd dose of Pfizer's vaccine by 9 weeks could boost antibodies to the virus, data suggests
- Delaying the second dose of Pfizer's COVID-19
vaccinecould boost antibodies against coronavirus, a UK study suggests.
- The study tested a three-week gap between doses, as recommended by Pfizer, against a 12-week gap.
- The 12-week group produced three times as many antibodies
More stories we're reading:
- This is a great read on SPACs, Clover Health, and "SPAC King" Chamath Palihapitiya (Bloomberg)
- The CDC's new mask guidance for vaccinated and unvaccinated people, explained in one handy chart (Insider)
- 12 people are behind most vaccine hoaxes, the Center for Countering Digital Hate found (NPR)
- CDC: No need to physically distance if you're fully vaccinated (Insider)
- DBS Bank’s custom financing leads the way for companies trying to reach net-zero goals
- Republic Day 2022 – Here is a list of wishes and messages you can send to your fellow citizens
- The world's 5 richest tech tycoons — including Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, and Bill Gates — have already lost about $85 billion this year amid a brutal market sell-off
- Best gaming mice for esports players
- Best mid-range laptops with 15-inch Full HD display
- Best budget laptops for video editing
- Best budget keyboards you can buy in India
- Best 14-inch laptops in India