George Clooney was hospitalized for days while filming 'The Midnight Sky' after losing 28 pounds for his role
George Clooneysaid he spend days in the hospital with pancreatitis after losing 28 pounds for a new movie role.
- Clooney plays an astrophysicist with cancer in the new film "The Midnight Sky", and said rapid
weight lossfor the role likely contributed to his illness.
- Pancreatitis occurs when digestive enzymes accidentally end up in the pancreas, causing inflammation. It is usually treatable but sometimes leads to life-threatening complications.
George Clooney was hospitalized with pancreatitis for days while filming his new movie "The Midnight Sky" after losing 28 pounds for his role as an apocalypse survivor.The 59-year-old actor first shared the anecdote with the Mirror. His representatives confirmed it with Insider, adding that he recovered within a few days, but needed some time to heal before he could resume filming.
What is pancreatitis?
According to the Mayo Clinic, pancreatitis can have an array of symptoms ranging from abdominal pain to nausea, vomiting, fever, and weight loss.It affects the pancreas, an organ that regulates digestive enzymes and hormones, including insulin, which is responsible for controlling the body's blood sugar levels. Patients typically recover with rest and medical care, but over time, pancreatitis can cause scarring and lead to long-term
The cause of the illness isn't always identified, but risk factors include excessive drinking, tobacco use, gallstones, some medications, and a family history of pancreas issues. It can also sometimes be caused by excessive fats, or lipids, in the blood, according to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, and is sometimes treated with a low-fat diet.
Read more:Rebel Wilson says she went on a candida cleanse to stop her sugar cravings. Here's the reality about candida, sugar, and detoxes.
- Cannes Lions 2021: On Day 3, Dentsu Webchutney brings home 2 Silver Lions
- Best laptop for students in India in 2021
- Twitter rolls out new update for iOS allowing users to share tweets to Instagram stories
- If you are vaccinated, IndiGo Airlines is giving discounts on airfares
- Microsoft joins Apple in $2 Trillion Club